This article provides information on how you can migrate (move) your existing Sophos Management server installation to a new server. Following this article will ensure you retain your existing configurations of policies and groups.
Note: Sophos tests and recommends upgrading to the latest supported version of Enterprise Console for the Operating System in use, before following the migration process.
Affects the following Sophos products and versions
Sophos Control Center 4.1
Sophos Control Center 4.0.0
Enterprise Console 5.4.0
Enterprise Console 5.3.1
Enterprise Console 5.3.0
Enterprise Console 5.2.2
Enterprise Console 5.2.1 R2
Enterprise Console 5.2.1
Enterprise Console 5.2.0
Enterprise Console 5.1.0
- These instructions apply only to installations that used the default settings. In particular, it does not apply to installations where the database and/or the management service are located on a different server to the console. For further information on migrating a remote database see article 22468.
- The target server should be in the same domain as the existing server.
- Ensure that you are running only one console on the network at a time, otherwise you will experience problems.
- If you are migrating to a server running Windows Server 2008, be aware that you will need to use a message relay for network communications if you have more than 5,000 endpoints. See Enterprise Console: configuring message relay computers for more information.
- Before you start, read the Warning about editing the windows registry.
- The following product migrations are not supported:
For the above scenarios, you must uninstall the existing product before attempting to install another. Once the existing product has been removed refer to the associated Startup guide for the product to be installed.
- Sophos Enterprise Console to Sophos Enterprise Manager.
- Sophos Enterprise Console to Sophos Control Center.
- Sophos Enterprise Manager to Sophos Control Center.
- Sophos Control Center to Sophos Enterprise Manager.
- You can migrate/upgrade your Sophos Control Center to Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC) v5.1 (not v5.0 or lower) without uninstalling the Control Center first if your Control Center is installed on an operating system that supports SEC v5.1. System requirements are available in article 113278.
What To Do
For instructions on migrating your Sophos Management Server see the relevant migration guide.