A scheduled scan or other scheduled task fails on one of your computers and the following error message appears:
General page initialization failed.
The specific error is:
0x8007000d: The data is invalid.
An error has occurred attempting to retrieve task account information. You may continue editing the task object, but will be unable to change task account information.
Enterprise Console may report that the affected computer differs from policy.
First seen in
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
The Scheduled Tasks cache for the 'System' user is likely to be corrupt.
What To Do
The following steps describe how to back up the scheduled tasks, delete the corrupt cache data and recreate the scheduled tasks.
- Open the Windows Control Panel and double-click 'Scheduled Tasks'.
- Change to 'Details' view (from the 'View' menu, select 'Details').
- If the 'Creator' column is not displayed, right-click on 'Name' and select 'Creator'.
- Copy all of the tasks created by 'System' to a backup location.
- In the Scheduled Tasks window, delete all the tasks that were created by 'System'.
- In Windows Services, stop the 'Task Scheduler' service. Keep the Services window open.
- Navigate to:
Windows 2003/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18
Windows Vista+: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18
- Delete all the files in the folder.
- In Windows Services, restart the 'Task Scheduler' service.
- Restart the computer.
- In Enterprise Console, reapply the Anti-Virus policy to the computer.
- When the affected computer is listed as compliant, go back to it and open the folder where you put the backup files in step 4.
- Delete any Sophos scheduled scans in this folder. These scans were re-applied in step 11, so you don't want to keep them.
- Copy the remaining backup copies of the scheduled tasks back into the Scheduled Tasks window.
- Right-click the task that failed, and select Run.