This article details how to configure the updating settings on a single un-managed endpoint.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X
What To Do
Watch the how to video for steps on Microsoft Windows
- Right-click the shield icon in the system tray
- Select 'Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control'
- Under the 'Updating' section, select 'Configure updating'
- Select the Primary Server tab.
Note: If the computer is managed by the Sophos Enterprise Console, the 'Primary Server' details will be grayed out and cannot be changed.
- Select 'Sophos' from the Address drop-down list or type in the location of the installation files as a web or network address (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/Sophos or \\myserver\SophosUpdate) and configure the 'User name' and 'Password' fields as required.
If you enter details in the Secondary Server tab, this information will be used if the primary server is unavailable.
- If access to the update location is via a proxy, click 'Proxy Details' and give the relevant information.
Mac OS X
- Click the shield icon in the menu bar.
- Select 'Open | Preferences...'
- Select the 'AutoUpdate' tab.
- To allow changes to the configuration, click the lock icon at the bottom of the window and enter the administrator password.
- Select one of the three update location options and enter the required information
- 'Sophos': enter the username and password details supplied to you by Sophos.
- 'Company Web Server': enter the location of the installation files on the website in the 'URL' box (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/Sophos).
- 'Network Location': enter the location of the installation files on your Sophos Anti-Virus server in the 'URL' box (e.g., smb://<myserver>/SophosUpdate). Give a username and password if necessary. When Sophos updates from the server, it uses these credentials to automatically mount the share during the update.
- If access to the update location is via a proxy, select the Primary Proxy tab and enter any necessary details.
- If you enter details in the Secondary Server tab, this information will be used if the primary server is unavailable.