"When it came to mobility, desktop, and server protection with one client managed through one pane of glass, Sophos fit the bill."
PAUL HURST, Network Administrator, City of Airdrie
- Airdrie’s IT organization needed to systematically upgrade its security management infrastructure to meet the needs of its fast-growing, fast-changing community.
- They had struggled with security products that were ineffective and costly to manage.
- Meanwhile, as Airdrie moved to support more mobile devices, it faced greater complexity and many new control challenges.
- Airdrie considered endpoint and mobile solutions from Sophos, Symantec, Trend, McAfee, and AVG. They had already had a positive experience with Sophos UTM and decided to choose Sophos for both Endpoint and Mobile.
- Factors that influenced their decision include Sophos’ rapid response to zero day exploits; compliance support; and the ability to remotely manage data and device security.
- IT security management is simpler as Airdrie can now review quarantined items and infections more efficiently. Desktop rollouts have become simple and effective, and no longer require onsite manual intervention.
- Airdrie can now consider BYOD, reducing equipment costs without impacting security or staff.
- Bringing mobility, desktop, and server security management together through one client will reduce the time spent managing devices—so they won't need additional staff to administer our growing infrastructure.