System.xml is a core configuration file used by Sophos Update Manager (SUM).
This article describes the fields that can be changed in system.xml to change the default SUM locations.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Enterprise Console 5.2.0
Enterprise Console 4.7.0
System.xml is located in the following folder:
- Enterprise Console 4.x: C:\Program Files\Sophos\Enterprise Console\SUM\
- Enterprise Console 5 (upgraded from version 4): C:\Program Files\Sophos\Enterprise Console\SUM\
- Enterprise Console 5 (fresh install): C:\Program Files\Sophos\Update Manager\
Note: On 64-bit computers 'Program Files' is 'Program Files (x86)'.
|Setting ||Description ||Defaults ||Recommended method of changing this value |
|[DataPath] || |
- local path. The Update Manager writes the warehouse to this path. It is also where the default update locations are stored.
- remote path. This is the network path to the shared location.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Update Manager
- Unshare the default directory.
- Create a new directory on a Windows Server.
- Share the new directory as SophosUpdate.
- Change the local path value in system.xml.
|[TempPath] ||This is the decode directory. When the Update Manager is ready to decode the files from the warehouse, it copies them into this directory before placing them in the shared location. ||C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Update Manager\Working ||There is no need to follow a special procedure. |