Download Pilkington’s Tiles Group
A successful manufacturing company such as Pilkington’s Tiles Group processes a lot of email, some of which is unwanted. However, its existing gateway security solution relied on the manual release of blocked messages. The company installed a Sophos Email Security Appliance that provides automatic protection against spam and malware right out of the box, with no need for specific configuration or manual intervention to deliver legitimate mail. Download now
"Our previous solution gave us big problems with servicing our users. The Sophos Email Appliance just does its stuff - apart from checking the system every couple of days, I don't really think about it any more."
Chris Elliott, Group IT Manager, Pilkington's Tiles Group plc
||100 users, 3000 emails per day|
||Sophos Email Appliance, part of Email Security and Control|
- Pilkington's Tiles had problems maintaining the privacy of its email addresses, so up to 40% of its email was spam.
- Its existing gateway solution was not easy to use and blocked email unselectively, requiring IT staff to release mail manually up to six times a day.
- A Sophos Email Appliance was installed that required no configuration and worked right out of the box.
- Sophos's remote "heartbeat" monitoring of system connection status pre-empts potential problems.
- The elimination of administration has more than justified the investment in a Sophos appliance.
- Users are happy that their mail arrives as expected with little or no spam and no false positives.