kocher-plastik needed a uniform solution that delivered both the production and guest WLAN network. They turned to Sophos UTM wireless access points to guarantee a stable, secure, and easy-to-manage WLAN system with maximum bandwidth. Download now
“The implementation of our new Wi-Fi coverage was a fast and smooth experience. We attribute this success to the simple and centralized configuration of the WLAN solution, and to the excellent performance.”
Volker Eberwein, Head of IT System Support kocher-plastik
||Sophos UTM Wireless Access Points|
- kocher-plastik needed a centrally-managed WLAN with the maximum possible bandwidth. It needed to comprise of two different VLANs (production network and guest network).
- As a prerequisite, they required the Wi-Fi 802.11n standard, to provide the highest WLAN speed currently available.
- kocher-plastik chose Sophos UTM with Sophos Access Points. They deliver an easy-to-set-up, easy-to-manage, high-performance solution, capable of integration with the existing system.
- The Sophos Access Points bodies, with their 2.4- and 5-GHz bands provides a trouble-free use of the WLAN network. They also guarantee maximum effectiveness by dividing the network up into production and guest segments.
- The 1-GB connection provides maximum performance while WPA2 enterprise encryption ensures the necessary levels of security.
- kocher-plastik says the greatest benefits of moving to Sophos is the considerable time savings in administration.
- Another benefit of the Sophos solution is the easy migration to new software versions or other hardware. As well as the fast overview of all the installed APs and wireless clients.
- In addition, the replaceable antennas on the Sophos Access Point 50 devices proved to be extremely useful accessory in setting up the wireless zones.