Flybe needed to ensure robust protection at all points to secure both its booking and operational systems against malware and spam. The airline selected a multi-tier solution from Sophos to protect the desktops of 1600 users as well as its email gateways. The company has saved 45% in IT security costs by installing integrated software and hardware solutions that combine ease of use with resilience and peace of mind. Download now
“Sophos Anti-Virus has saved us 45% of our IT security costs, even though we have increased the number of licenses and replaced our email gateway protection with other Sophos solutions.”
Chris Cooper, IT Security Manager, Flybe
- Flybe was receiving a high volume of potentially malicious spam — up to 40,000 unwanted messages a week, plus an additional 800 virus-infected emails.
- It was essential that the airline could protect confidential customer information and ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations.
- The company wanted a rapidly deployable, simple-to-manage solution that provided a higher degree of resiliency and multi-tier protection than the existing McAfee antivirus solution.
Sophos Anti-Virus was installed across 600 PCs in under two weeks, and is easily managed through Enterprise Console.
- The company replaced its Barracuda appliance with a Sophos ES4000 Email Appliance, providing high-capacity, high-availability security.
Sophos PureMessage on Flybe's Exchange email servers completes a truly multi-layered security solution that prevents spam and virus-infected emails reaching users' desktops.
- Flybe reduced its antivirus spend by 45%, despite adding the ES4000 and increasing the number of desktops protected.
- The company's customer and operational data is secured to the highest standard.
- End users are protected from malware and spam, even when working from home, and see significantly less spam in their mailboxes.