Hassloch needed to provide secure, stable Internet connection for remote sites and mobile workers. Already using Sophos UTM, they added Sophos RED module to give them the branch office connectivity they needed. They were particularly impressed by the ease of use and the low price without recurring costs. Download now
"Sophos UTM is a stable, reliable system that eliminates at the gateway all the problems usually encountered by system administrators. And, with Sophos RED, all my remote sites are now accessible from a unified management interface. We are thoroughly satisfied.”
Wolf-Malko Zimmermann, IT Manager, Municipality of Hassloch.
||125 PCs located across ten sites, plus mobile and home workers.|
- Data throughput on the connection between the remote sites and central office was too low to enable web traffic to run via the central office.
- Directly connecting all sites to the Internet would make it impossible to guarantee compliance with the municipality’s security policy.
- Hassloch had been successfully using Sophos UTM to secure their network since 2003. In 2009 they added Sophos RED module to enable secure connection with branch offices.
- Sophos RED acts as a virtual Ethernet cable to the central gateway, connecting all remote sites securely and enabling central management of all locations.
- Hassloch was particularly impressed by the ease of use and the low price without recurring costs.
- The Internet connection to the remote sites is faster and more stable.
- Security policies are configured centrally and implemented reliably.
- There has been a noticeable reduction in the amount of administrative effort required each week.