Affected Operating Systems
Device Control functionality is managed by the Application Control policy. All devices are allowed by default. System administrators choose device types that they wish to block.
Have you received an alert in Enterprise Console?
If you've received an alert, you now have 2 choices. You can either:
- take no action, if you wish to continue blocking the device type
- re-authorize it
Re-authorize device types using Enterprise Console
- In the Policies pane, double-click 'Application Control'. Then double-click the policy you want to change.
- The Application Control policy dialog box is displayed. Click the 'Authorization' tab.
- In the 'Application Type' list, select the device type. Where devices of a particular type are blocked, the 'Current Status' list will say 'Some blocked' or 'Blocked'.
- In the 'Blocked' list, select the device that you want to authorize and use the arrow button to move it to the 'Authorized' list.
- Click 'OK' to add it to the list of authorized device types.