At system start-up the following error messages may be observed in the Sophos Patch Windows Event log:
PID [Number]: TID [Number]
Error fetching upgrade status.
-- System Exception Details --
Message: Cannot open database "SOPHOSPATCH52" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user '[domain]\SophosManagement'.
Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
- The database name may differ from SOPHOSPATCH52; see article 17323 for more information on the database names per version of Enterprise Console.
- In the SQL log file (ERRORLOG) you may also see similar error messages regarding login failures.
- If these messages are only seen at system start-up they can be safely ignored. If however you would like to try and suppress them, see the What To Do section below.
First seen in
Enterprise Console 5.0.0
The Microsoft SQL Server instance used by Sophos has not completed loading the Sophos Patch database before a query is made to it by the Sophos Patch services.
What To Do
In order to delay the initial queries to the database referenced and give Microsoft SQL Server time to fully load the databases, where possible, using the MMC snap in 'services.msc', change the service 'startup type' to be 'Automatic (Delayed start)' for the following services:
- Sophos Patch Endpoint Communicator
- Sophos Patch Endpoint Orchestrator
- Sophos Patch Server Communicator
Note: If you are unable to choose 'Automatic (Delayed start)' as a service startup type due to the version of the operating system; providing these error messages only appear following a restart they can be safely ignored.