This article explains how you can reconfigure all your RED device at once.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
What To Do
If you are affected by the heartbleed bug, we recommend that you reconfigure all your RED devices (after recreating your RED CA certificate). For those large environments where manually recreating all RED configurations can be time-consuming, we have created two scripts which will allow you to reconfigure all RED devices at once.
To do so proceed as follows:
- Login to the shell of the UTM using the loginuser account (if accessing remotely and not directly from a console) and then gain root access by entering the command:
su - (and providing the root password). If you are at a console and keyboard directly attached to the UTM, you can login directly with the root username and password.
- Type in:
cd /home/login to switch to that directory.
- Download the scripts needed to reconfigure the REDs by running the appropriate wget command/line:
After downloading the scripts, complete the following steps:
- Create a folder where the backup will be stored ( e.g. redbackup ):
- Export the current RED configuration:
./export .pl redbackup/
- Login to WebAdmin of the UTM and navigate to RED Management > [Server] Client Management.
- Select all REDs by clicking on the checkbox in the table header of the first column.
- Click Delete - All REDs will be deleted.
- Deactivate RED services by clicking the toggle switch.
RED will be deactivated and the toggle switch turns red.
- Re-activate RED services by clicking the toggle switch again.
- Last step is to import the backup configuration by running the import-script:
All your RED devices should now be automatically reconfigured.