After attempting to deploy Sophos endpoint software to a computer the following error is reported to the console.
80070043 The installation could not be started: The network name cannot be found. The computer may need additional configuration before installation.
First seen in
Enterprise Console 5.0.0
The address configured in the Sophos AutoUpdate policy for the group the computer is in is incorrect.
What To Do
- Locate the updating policy for the computer group containing the computer that reports the error. If required see article 118111 for more information on identifying the correct policy.
- Right-click on the updating policy and check the 'Primary Server' | 'Address' field is correct.
- Check the server name is correct.
- Check the path is correct and exists.
- On the 'Initial Install Source' tab, if the 'Use primary server address' is unchecked (i.e., the policy is specifying an alternate installation path ensure this address is correct.
- On the 'Subscription' tab check which subscription is being used. From the console menu select 'View' | 'Bootstrap Locations' and compare the addresses Update Manager is downloading to, to those set in the updating policy.