This article provides details of VMware tools that are used by the Sophos Virtual Email Appliance and Sophos Virtual Web Appliance.
Applies to the following Sophos product
Sophos Web Appliance Virtual
Sophos Email Appliance Virtual
Included with each virtual appliance is a set of open source VMware tools. These are maintained by Sophos and updated as necessary, manual updates to the VMware tools should not be attempted. See the product specific virtual setup guides for a list of supported VMware products.
Some of the tools are enabled but not configurable, whereas others are not available. Those that are configurable are described in the Setup Guide.
Unless otherwise stated, the following tools are available:
- Host to Guest Communications (Guest Daemon): Enabled.
- Guest to Host Log Channel: Not available.
- Memory Balloon Driver: Enabled.
- Host to Guest Filesystem: Not available.
- Soft Power Operations: Enabled.
- Host-Guest TimeSync: Not available. Time synchronization for virtual appliances is handled using NTP.