Included with each virtual appliance is a set of open source VMware tools. These are maintained by Sophos and updated as necessary. See the Sophos Virtual Appliance Setup Guide for a list of supported VMware products.
Some of the tools are enabled but not configurable, and others are not available. Those that are configurable are described in the Setup Guide.
Unless otherwise stated, the following tools are available:
- Host to Guest Communications (Guest Daemon): Enabled.
- Guest to Host Log Channel: Not available.
- Memory Balloon Driver: Enabled.
- Host to Guest Filesystem: Not available.
- Soft Power Operations: Enabled. See the Virtual Appliance Setup Guide for more information.
- Host-Guest TimeSync: Not available. Time synchronization for virtual appliance is done using NTP. See the Virtual Appliance Setup Guide for more information.