"Consolidating on Sophos significantly reduced the amount of time I spend on security issues. I like having one vendor for many solutions: the fewer applications to manage and purchase support for, the smoother things are.”
Brenda Ternes, Information Technology Manager
- City of Newton was running Symantec's endpoints alongside other vendors' firewalls and spam. As a result Brenda Ternes, City of Newton's ‘one-woman IT department’, was spending too much time managing their security.
- Brenda was very frustrated with Symantec, including issues with licensing, poor support and slow, resource-hungry products.
- The GFI email filter they were using was letting in too much spam, which in turn was generating complaints.
- First, City of Newton replaced Symantec's AV with Sophos' endpoint protection, which led to immediate performance improvements.
- Next, they consolidated their protection with the Sophos Complete Security Suite for Government. This license includes Sophos Email Protection and Sophos Web Protection, which together saved Newton over $6000 in annual costs.
- Consolidating their protection with Sophos has significantly reduced the amount of time Newton spends on security issues as well as making real cost savings.
- Sophos also delivers better protection, including securing remote users both on and off the network.