"The products do what Sophos says they will. But, that's not all. Sophos supports us as if we're the most important customer they have. That's the highest praise I can give any vendor.”
John Gog, Network System Administrator City of Birmingham
- City needed better antivirus, email and web protection as their previous endpoint solution didn’t work across all the City’s computers.
- Wanted to restrict access to productivity-zapping social networking sites, like Facebook.
- With help from Sophos engineers, the City’s IT department was able identify GUID strings that could be added to removal scripts. As a result, removing the old software was almost incident-free.
- Users were introduced to the new solutions gradually. Ultimately, the total time for processing 1,300 PCs and users, as well as 90 servers, was about six weeks.
- Today, with its Sophos solutions in place, the City of Birmingham’s network enjoys comprehensive protection from viruses, malware and spam.
- Sophos updates are more frequent than the City was getting with its previous solution. Additionally, the updates are small enough not to disrupt the network.