"It’s very easy to administer. I don’t have to touch, set up and configure each device manually. You push it out, the user gets a notification, they click, it’s done"
JACK MCLAINE VP MIS, VIST Bank
- VIST Bank wanted to let their users choose their mobile device platform—Apple iOS, Android, Windows or BlackBerry. However, they needed an efficient way to manage a more complex multiplatform environment.
- As a financial services firm, VIST Bank faces rigorous compliance and data-loss prevention requirements and so needs to ensure data is secure on all devices, including those that are lost or stolen.
- VIST Bank has only two IT staff members to serve its entire community of mobile users, so simplicity of administration was crucial.
- VIST Bank has been using Sophos Endpoint Protection for several years and is very happy with that product. However when looking for a new mobile solution they took a vendor agnostic approach and compared several products.
- After demos and a careful cost analysis comparing Sophos with AirWatch and Symantec, VIST Bank concluded that Sophos Mobile Control best met their requirements while also offering very good value for the money.
- Sophos Mobile Control has enabled VIST Bank to escape platform lock-in. They can now safely and quickly provide any mobile device to any employee.
- However for them the greatest benefit is the saving in administration time – for the most part is now zero.