23 Nov 2006
Sophos protects Microsoft Windows Vista
Integrated protection delivers security and control on Vista platform
Sophos, a world leader in IT security and control, today announced a new version of Sophos Anti-Virus which fully supports the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. Sophos's proactive protection delivers businesses with a complete defense against viruses, spyware, adware and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs).
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, version 6.5 includes:
- Protection against viruses, spyware, adware and PUAs
- Application control, which allows businesses to set their own policies regarding whether user groups are allowed to run software such as IM clients, VoIP, peer-to-peer file sharing and distributed computing projects
- Behavioral Genotype™ Protection to guard against unknown threats
- High performance scanning with Decision Caching
- Central management and update features, using Enterprise Console
- Automatic updates against the latest threats every 10 minutes
Customers using Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000/XP/2003, version 6.0 will be updated to support Vista automatically, without any user intervention.
"While other security vendors aren't happy with how Vista has implemented its increased security, Sophos has been working closely with Microsoft and fully supports new functionality, such as Kernel Patch Protection (also known as PatchGuard)" said Richard Jacobs, CTO at Sophos. "Sophos Anti-Virus running on Vista provides unprecedented protection."
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows Vista is now available.
More than 100 million users in 150 countries rely on Sophos as the best protection against complex threats and data loss. Sophos is committed to providing complete security solutions that are simple to deploy, manage, and use and that deliver the industry's lowest total cost of ownership. Sophos offers award-winning encryption, endpoint security, web, email, mobile and network security solutions backed by SophosLabs - a global network of threat intelligence centers.
Sophos is headquartered in Boston, US and Oxford, UK. More information is available at www.sophos.com.