MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 offers gateway protection against
Sophos, a world leader in corporate anti-virus protection, today
announced the launch of Sophos MailMonitor
for Exchange 2000, a gateway anti-virus solution specifically
developed for Microsoft Exchange 2000 servers. This solution
provides Microsoft Exchange 2000 users at large and mid-sized
enterprises with high-performance and reliable protection against
more than 72,000 computer viruses, worms and Trojan horses.
MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 scans for viruses in all incoming
emails, enabling network administrators to either disinfect, delete
or quarantine infected messages. By scanning for malicious code at
the gateway level, MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 protects wide
area- and local area- networks from viruses before they enter the
MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 uses officially supported
Microsoft API calls to tightly integrate into the Exchange 2000
software. In addition to this, future versions of MailMonitor for
Exchange 2000 will support Microsoft Exchange's virus-scanning API,
VS API 2.0.
"Naturally we're delighted that anti-virus industry experts like
Sophos are committing themselves to Microsoft Exchange and VS API
2.0," said Garry Tugwell-Smith, Server Solutions Product Marketing
Manager at Microsoft Ltd. "Security considerations are paramount in
today's climate - which is why organisations such as Microsoft and
Sophos are working to provide superior protection for their
"By combining Microsoft Exchange 2000 with Sophos MailMonitor,
businesses can benefit from scalable, high-performance and secure
messaging services," said David Mitchell, MailMonitor product
manager at Sophos Anti-Virus. "MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 is the
latest in our portfolio of anti-virus products, all of which are
specifically designed to protect corporate networks from the threat
Sophos's award-winning anti-virus technology has received
accreditation from independent testing bodies such as West Coast
Labs, Virus Bulletin and ICSA - all of whom confirm that Sophos is
capable of detecting 100 percent of the in-the-wild viruses.
About MailMonitor for Exchange 2000
- Scans all mail passing through the Exchange server.
- Detects and disinfects all viruses found.
- Scans Exchange 2000 mailboxes in Immediate and Scheduled
- Infected body text can be disinfected, deleted or
- Administrator has full control over quarantined messages.
- Allows multiple scheduled jobs to be configured for automatic
scanning of mailboxes at predetermined times.
- Scans Exchange 2000 mailboxes on demand.
- Provides automatic centralised reporting of virus
- Allows remote administration.
- Protects WANs and LANs from viruses before they enter the
- Is transparent to end users.
- Detects viruses in compressed attachments including recursive
ZIP, LZH, ARJ, RAR, GZIP, TAR and CMZ archives.
- Detects Macintosh viruses.
- Is updated constantly.
- Easily detects polymorphic viruses using Sophos's advanced
Virus Description Language (VDL) and a built-in code emulator.