As a security company, Sophos takes its own security very importantly and has an internal IT Security team which focuses on protecting Sophos’ own systems and infrastructure.
This role is for an experienced security analyst to join our Cybersecurity “Blue team”.
This a great opportunity to help secure a world-leading security company. As you’d expect you’ll be joining an organisation that takes security seriously. You will get the opportunity to work with some world-leading experts from across the company in a fast-paced & exciting environment where security is a priority. As an added bonus, though our dogfooding programme, you can also contribute to improving our products.
The ideal candidate will have real-world experience of defensive security, incident response and be familiar with using big-data analytics to hunt for threats.
We’ll need you to help us keep both our on premise and cloud infrastructure secure. This will involve working with leading commercial and open source tools as-well as establishing and maintaining strong links to industry experts and world-class specialist consultants.
You’ll need to be highly motivated, have an innovative mind-set and able to clearly articulate complex technical security issues.
*Primarily looking in the Washington area, West of the river and Arlington, VA
- The continual-improvement of our threat hunting capabilities & tooling.
- Our vulnerability assessment and remediation program.
- Investigation & root cause analysis of security events & incidents escalated from our security operation centre.
- Training and knowledge transfer to peers, the Security Operations Centre and the wider IT team.
- Staff education and awareness.
- Articulate complex technical security issues into business focused terms and communicate to stakeholders.
- Have and maintain (via conferences, etc) a great knowledge of infosec industry trends and developments and advise on changes to the threat landscape.
- Identify, propose and initiate improvements to the organisations security posture.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree related education or relevant experience
- Experience with the following:
- EDR/Endpoint AV
- TCP-IP and Packet Captures
- Splunk, Kibana, Logstash, Sumo Logic or similar
- cloud security architectures – particularly AWS and the related tooling
- Operating System internals across Linux & Windows.Security-related professional certification (Crest CRIA/CCNIA/CCMRE/CCHIA, SANS GIAC, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA) is an asset
- Development experience with Python or C++ is an asset
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation