The Director of Global Public Cloud IaaS Sales is responsible for defining, developing, managing, and evolving Sophos’s public cloud partnerships, programs, and sales go to market strategy. Today, the role would be working with AWS and Azure, but with the goal of expanding partnerships in the future. The role will include cross-functional project work with other departments such as product management, engineering, marketing, operations, finance, and legal to ensure all business and revenue objectives are met.
- Identify, define, and implement an internal and external strategy for selling to and thru Cloud providers.
- Own the execution of the developed strategy internally by working with product management, marketing, sales leaders, operations, finance, and executive management
- Accurately forecast sales thru cloud partners up to VP, Global Channel Sales including assisting with and tracking large opportunities
- Attain or exceed global IaaS quota
- Grow channel business through new and existing cloud reseller partnerships directly and with regional channel teams
- Provide excellent leadership and drive motivation across the global sales teams
- Coach the global sales and sales engineering teams about the cloud market and how to grow sophos business with the cloud reseller partners
- Work closely with VP, Global Channel Sales to develop enhancements to programs, processes, and go-to-market strategies
- Work closely with sales operations and global teams to execute a repeatable and scalable program for effectively driving cloud infrastructure sales
- Work closely with the Marketing to develop, implement and manage marketing programs to increase sales though cloud partners
- Recruit, lead, manage, and develop direct reports as the business requires.
- Global travel required. Depending on location, travel within Americas will be frequent and estimate travel to APJ and EMEA would be 1-2 times per year each. Total travel estimation to be 50%.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in cloud sales, with experience managing cloud sales professionals
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- 7-10 years of IT, security and/or networking and channel industry experience
- Proven experience working with sales and product management teams to drive strong financial performance
- Excellent executive presence, presentations skills, and training skills
- Ability to manage both a sales and a technical team as well as cross-functional team members
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation