Sophos is focused on delivering the best IT security and data protection for businesses. Today Sophos products protect over 100,000 businesses and 100 million users, in more than 150 countries.
SophosLabs is a global network of highly skilled and trained analysts and IT security professionals that is the front line in protecting businesses from known and emerging threats.
Our analysts cover every area of IT security with integrated systems tracking malware, vulnerabilities, intrusions, spam, legitimate applications, legitimate and infected websites, personal data formats and mobile threats. Our automated systems work with Big data technologies and continuously populate databases of terabytes of legitimate and malicious content.
SophosLabs is recruiting a Senior Threat Researcher to join our global team of highly skilled security experts protecting millions of users worldwide from threats such as malware, exploits, spam and phishing.
As a Senior Threat Researcher, you will work in a global team of security researchers and reverse engineers to analyse, classify and create protection for the latest malware, web and email-borne threats. You will contribute to both our customer response and our proactive protection, with space for specialization.
The successful candidate has experience in the computer security field demonstrating technical aptitude and innovation, preferably including advanced static and dynamic analysis, proactive detection and creation of researcher tools.
- Create advanced, generic detection for difficult malware families
- Produce in-depth analysis of particular malware families and malicious techniques
- Perform front-line analysis and protection creation for executables, document formats, web content and spam campaigns
- Develop new tools and participate in development teams in the creation of new systems
- Develop the skills of junior researchers
- Publish articles and whitepapers on research
- Articulate technically complex issues to groups and customers outside SophosLabs
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in computer security or software-related field
- Advanced experience in reverse-engineering
- Computer & Web Security experience
- Experience with a broad range of operating systems
- Programming skills and experience (C/C++/Python/Perl)
- Possess an analytical and methodical approach to workflow
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding of basic executable file formats (MZ/NE/PE)
- 2-3 years of antivirus experience
- Run-time analysis experience using user or kernel mode debuggers (OllyDbg, WinDbg, IDA Pro)
- Good understanding of advanced executable file formats (ELF/DEX/Mach-O)
- Familiarity with exploitable file formats including Java, PDF, Flash and Office documents
- Published technical / whitepapers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Software (or equivalent)
- Exposure to leading edge technologies
- Professional development and training opportunities
- An excellent, supportive work environment
- An open and lively atmosphere
- The security of a stable and dynamically growing international company
- And last but not least a competitive salary
Location: Hungary, Budapest XI.
Work hours: 40 hours per week.
Special How to Apply Instructions