Sophos is focused on delivering the best IT security and data protection for businesses. Today Sophos products protect over 100,000 businesses and 100 million users, in more than 150 countries.
We are looking for an accomplished Senior developer to strengthen and extend the capability of our SophosLabs systems development using the latest technologies including cloud and bigdata.
This role provides the opportunity to work in an open and collaborative environment as part of our SophosLabs systems development team. The team is focused on developing our most important infrastructure, which is used by SophosLabs to protect our customers. This infrastructure processes 100,000’s of malware samples a day, contains bigdata solutions and every seconds makes thousands of automated decisions that protect our customers.
To succeed in this role you’ll be passionate about development on the Linux or Windows platform, and keen on to use your excellent programming and designing skills to help the team being successful. You can use and improve your knowledge while working on applications with high performance and availability. You’ll feel at home within an Agile team with its open communications, commitment to quality and focus on getting things done.
- Agile Release Planning with product management, and other senior stakeholders (clarify requirements, break down into sensible releases, and estimate user stories);
- Write or refactor high-quality code and tests, pairing with other engineers;
- Collaborate with QA engineers to test the product (unit, component and automated functional tests, help with manual tests if needed);
- Communicating effectively, removing impediments to the team’s progress, asking for and offering help when needed
Experience and Skills
- University/college degree in computer science
- Comprehensive experience in Linux or Windows platform
- High-level experience in working with SQL databases
- Experience with scripting languages including Unix Shell or PERL
- Minimum 3 years experience in C/C++
- Proven track record of designing & developing reliable, maintainable, high quality code that’s well unit-tested
- Reliable knowledge of different network protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Experience of working in Agile (Scrum) environment
- Ability to work with the relevant stakeholders to extract and understand product requirements
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Experience in distributed database
- Web UI development experience
- Security software development experience
- Proficient in using development tools (source control, static analysis, profilers, make, coverage analysis etc.)
- Dealing with leading edge technologies
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Excellent working environment
- An open and lively atmosphere
- A stable and dynamically growing international company by providing secure background
- And last but not least a competitive salary
Location: Hungary, Budapest XI.
Work hours: 40 hours per week.
Special How to Apply Instructions
If you have the relevant experience, please send your CV to email@example.com