The Sophos UTM auto install CD runs an unattended installation of the Sophos UTM software as an OEM installation.
Important: Re-Imaging will destroy ALL the data on the ASG/UTM appliance so ENSURE you have created and saved OFF the UTM, a recent configuration backup.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos UTM 625
Sophos UTM 525
Sophos UTM 425
Sophos UTM 320
Sophos UTM 220
Sophos UTM 100/110/120
Sophos UTM 100/110/120
Requirements for re-imaging
- USB CD-ROM drive
- USB cable
- Power cable for CD-ROM drive
- ASG/UTM 110/120/220/320/420/425/525/625
- Power cable for the ASG/UTM
Estimated time for re-imaging
|Appliance model ||Time to complete |
|110/120 ||40 minutes |
|220 ||40 minutes |
|320 ||20 minutes |
|425 ||15 minutes |
|525 ||15 minutes |
|625 ||15 minutes |
What To Do
1. Download and burn ISO image to optical media
You can download the required version of Astaro Security Gateway & UTM from here:
Burn this to optical media (CD or DVD) to re-image your appliance.
You may verify the integrity of this ISO image using the MD5 file found in the same location. Once the file has been downloaded, burn the ISO image to disk by right clicking and selecting "burn to disk". Do not copy the ISO image file directly to the disc as this will not create a bootable re-imaging disc.
2. Steps to re-image your appliance
Note: The following procedure will permanently delete your existing data.
- Power-off the ASG/UTM appliance.
- Plug a SVGA monitor to the SVGA port (optional) of your appliance. This step will help monitor the installation process. If the ASG/UTM doesn't have a VGA port, the installation process can be monitored using the LCD panel.
- Plug in the USB-CD-ROM drive (with the burned CD in the optical drive). For the ASG 320 it is important to use the USB port at the front due to compatibility issues.
- Power-on the ASG/UTM appliance.
- Make sure that "Boot from USB-CDROM" in BIOS is on first position (default on the appliances distributed by Sophos).
- Once the installer has started, it will begin to re-image the appliance. No questions will be asked by the installer during the re-imaging.
- After installation, the appliance will start to beep until it is switched off.
|Success ||1 beep, 1 second sleep, repeated until switched off |
|Failure ||3 short beeps, 2 seconds sleep, repeated until switched off. |
- Once you have powered off the appliance, the installation is complete. Default factory values will be set on the device (see below).
- You can also reboot the ASG/UTM with your recent configuration backup in the root folder of a USB Flash drive, and the ASG/UTM will automatically apply your configuration backup.
Default Factory Settings
|Keyboard Layout ||English (USA) |
|Time Zone ||Europe/Berlin |
|Date/Time ||BIOS |
|Internal (LAN) Interface ||eth0 |
|IP Address ||192.168.0.1 |
|Netmask ||255.255.255.0 (/24) |
|Default Gateway ||None |