Before installing SafeGuard Enterprise you need to prepare your system. Please read the following list carefully and ensure that you comply with all points.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Device Encryption
All supported Operating Systems
What To Do
- Before installing SafeGuard Enterprise, back up your data media completely.
- Use CHKDSK to check the hard disks for errors; for full details refer to the knowledgebase article Performing detailed check of the NTFS file system. Do not install SafeGuard Enterprise on a faulty HDD.
- If you use a 3rd-party boot manager, consider re-installing the system without the boot manager.
- If you have used an imaging tool (Drive Image Ghost) to install the operating system, we recommend that you "re-write" the master boot record (MBR). To install SafeGuard Enterprise you need a "spotless" master boot record. The use of imaging/cloning programs may have affected the status of this record.
- You can clean the master boot record by booting from a Windows installation media and using the command
fixmbr within the Windows Recovery Console.
- If the boot partition has been converted from FAT to NTFS, and the system has not been reset by rebooting, SafeGuard Enterprise should not be installed. It is possible in this case that the installation will not be completed because the file system was still FAT at the time of installation while NTFS was found at the time of activation. In this case you have reboot the machine once before SafeGuard Enterprise is installed.
- Verify that your BIOS HardDrive mode is set to AHCI; ATA/ATA Compatible or *Hardware-Based Raid.