The IT Unix/Network engineer is the technical specialist and acts as escalation support, keeping focus on customer satisfaction.
- Installation, Configuration of all kind of Linux Technology and Open source.
- Daily / Monthly & Yearly backup and restoration.
- Linux base scripting for backup and other automation task.
- Daily health monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Maintenance of server infrastructure on regular interval.
- Explore new server technology and implement same in production environment
- Ability to travel worldwide when required
- Manage and solve problems and incidents
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation on IT systems, problem resolutions, and IT processes
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide 3rd line support to all escalated or related issues
- Provide mentoring for junior colleagues, such as information gathering, problem requirements and tutoring on gaps of knowledge
- Create training material as required and deliver this material in internal training sessions to other members or the team.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents and advise on best course of action
- Act as project manager for initiatives as required ; including conception, planning, resource allocation
- Provides tactical and strategic input on overallunix/network and/or system planning and related projects
- Designs, analyses, plan and modify internal company unix.
Experience And Skills
- Technical Degree, or similar education
- In depth experience in Unix Administration in a global company environment
- Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Excellent knowledge of Apache, Mysql, exim, postfix, puppet, bind, drbd, heartbeat/ldirectord/corosync
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Bash
- Excellent knowledge of Solaris, Red Hat, CentOS, Debian Platform
- Working knowledge of Solarwinds or equivalent systems
- Working knowledge of various diagnostic utilities
- Worked in a change control environment
- Knowledge of incident management systems and processes
- Experience in supporting any network or Unix related issues across a broad range of technologies
- A good understanding of IPV6 and ideally worked with implementing IPV6
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
- Exposure to a multi-cultural Global organization
Special How To Apply Instructions
To apply for this position, please send your application details to: