North Mersey Health Informatics Service (HIS) supports nine NHS Trusts in the UK. In May 2011 it reached the end of a contract that saw Microsoft providing the bulk of its endpoint security. By switching to Sophos as the new primary security provider North Mersey HIS was able to demonstrate both efficiency improvements and cost savings. Scarica subito
“We were at a crossroads where cost-cutting financial pressures had to be balanced with the logistics of deploying a whole new security solution across thousands of endpoints.”
Steven Parker, Technical Architecture Manager, North Mersey HIS
||North Mersey, UK|
||Sophos Endpoint Protection, Sophos Email Protection, Sophos Encryption Add-on|
- Operating in the healthcare sector, the Trusts store and process a huge amount of confidential patient data—making IT security a very high priority.
- When their agreement with Microsoft expired, they had to seek an alternative—both for the incumbent Microsoft Forefront security solution, and McAfee EPO which was used at another Trust in the area.
- Like all NHS organizations, the HIS was required to demonstrate efficiency savings.
- It was crucial that the IT security solutions do not have a negative impact on the performance and uptime of the computer network.
- Sophos Endpoint Protection was chosen as it came out ahead of the competition in terms of both cost efficiency and functionality.
- The broad range of features offered by the Sophos solution allowed the HIS to consolidate, removing additional point products that were no longer necessary.
- The speed and cost of the deployment provided initial benefits.
- The consolidation of security across the Trusts and the simplified management of the Sophos solutions are enabling long-term efficiency gains.