Scarica Harrison School District Two (HSD2)
To meet Colorado’s strict off-campus web filtering requirements, Harrison School turned to Sophos Complete Security Suite. It has enabled them to move forward with their innovative student takehome laptop program, while also simplifying management and gaining the flexibility to deploy iPads and other non-Windows devices in the future. Scarica subito
“Sophos has kept us very safe, with no downtime—and now they've helped us meet the law and move forward."
Zach Mather, IInterim Director of Technology
||10,000 students and 1,600 staff|
- Complete Security Suite (Endpoint, Web, Mobile, Email and Encryption)
- A new state law required 24/7 web filtering of school computing devices, even off campus. HSD2 didn’t want to restrict laptops to school buildings, filtering them through its network, as this wouldn’t serve its educational goals, which rely on working with parents to make learning central to students' lives at home.
- HDS2 were already using Sophos anti-virus and were very happy with the solution. They decided to upgrade to a Sophos security suite with client-based filtering. Sophos offered several advantages over moving to Microsoft security tool, including support for non-Microsoft devices—especially HSD2's iPads.
- The Sophos' suite includes Sophos Mobile Control, and HSD2 sees this as another major opportunity to add value.
- Thanks to Sophos Complete Security Suite HSD2 can comply with the state law while also meeting their learning goals of making learning central to students’ lives at home.
- Sophos delivers the protection HSD2 needs with low management overheads: “Every system needs some attention at some point. But Sophos is the one we have to worry about least."