Up2Date 8.101 Released
Following the release of the 8.100 GA last week, we have released 8.101 with some final tweaks and fixes. This release is designed to enhance the reliability and stability of your Astaro Security Gateway installation. Read on for the details regarding this Up2Date package.
Next week during the beginning of February we will issue new ISO images for hardware and software appliances, along with new vSphere4 virtual machine images for the latest VMware virtualization support.
*Your system will be rebooted
* Updated: WebAdmin localizations for Chinese, French, Korean
 FTP doesn't work via HTTP Proxy
 WebAdmin login broken in case of remote authentication
 ACC Device Agent dies when RED Split DNS is configured
 Content Filter request does not honour parent proxy settings
 Only HTTP keytab entries are created by default, host entries are missing
 Incoming RED reply packets are dropped
The ASG V8.000 release notes can be found here, 8.100+ release notes (here) are/will be located on the Astaro Support KB.
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Astaro ASG Up2Date Download Mirrors:
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. "[8.101] Using WAN Link Balancing with 3G/UMTS Modems").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are also demo servers for public use anytime at http://demo.astaro.com
ASG Product Manager