Using Enterprise Console you can run a 'Full system scan' from the console on individual computers, or groups of computers, running Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+.
A full system scan is an immediate scan of the whole computer. It is useful when dealing with a small virus (or other) outbreak on your network. For a major outbreak, see Enterprise Console: removing viruses over a network.
What to do
- Open the console.
- Right-click the target group or computers.
- From the menu, select 'Full system scan'.
- Click 'OK' to run the scan.
- When the scan has finished, check the console for alerts.
- Right-click any infected computers, or groups, and select 'Clean up detected items'.
- Click 'OK' to clean up the affected computers.
The settings used for a full system scan are dictated by which group Anti-Virus and HIPS policies apply. The following Anti-Virus and HIPS settings are used:
- On-demand exclusions
- On-demand extensions
- all other default Scheduled scanning options.