Android and Apple iOS devices can be initially provisioned by email instead of SMS. This provisioning method can be used for devices which do not support SMS, for example iPads and Android tablets
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.0
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control 3.0
Sophos Mobile Control 2.5.0
What To Do
- A mail server needs to be configured during Sophos Mobile Control installation.
- For further details, see the Sophos Mobile Control installation guide.
- An email account (personal or corporate email account) needs to be available on the devices to be provisioned
- The email addresses must be specified when the devices are added to Sophos Mobile Control manually or by import.
- The device phone number must be 0
How to provision a device:
- Open Sophos Mobile Control Administration console
- Ensure prerequisites have been followed
- For iOS devices select Provisioning | iOS MDM client bootstrap, select the device or device group you wish to manage
- For Android devices select Provisioning | SMC Client Installation, select the device or device group you wish to manage
- An email will be sent to the device(s) requested