Following the creation of the first administrator user for a Sophos Mobile Control customer, you have not been prompted for a password. In order to login with this administrator account, you need to reset the password.
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control 2.5.0
Sophos Mobile Control 3.0
What To Do
- Open the Sophos Mobile Control web console login site.
- Click 'Reset password'.
- Enter the customer and the user you just have created, then click 'Reset'.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset the password. Click on this link.
- A random password is generated and sent to you by email.
- Open the Sophos Mobile Control web console login page, and enter the customer and username, and the password you have received by email and click 'Login'.
- A 'Password expired' dialog appears after your log in.
- Enter a new password for your administrative account, and click the Save button.
NOTE: The 'Password Policies > Originator' email address must be configured using the Superadmin account first.
As of Sophos Mobile Control 3.0 you are able to create a one time password for administrative users created at the web console.