The following error is reported in the Sophos Control Center:
ERROR: 0000006f Could not find a source for updated package PureMessageSpamRules
This error is reported by a computer that has Sophos PureMessage Small Business Edition (SBE) installed. The error occurs when the username and password allow for the download of Sophos Anti-Virus updates, but do not authorize the download of spam updates.
What to do
Check the following:
- Ensure that the credentials you use are exactly the same as those specified on your Sophos small business solutions license agreement.
- If you are using a proxy server, ensure that you have entered the details correctly.
- Ensure that you are licensed to use Sophos PureMessage SBE.
- Ensure that the correct credentials have been passed from the Sophos Control Center to the computer where Sophos PureMessage SBE is installed:
- Open the Sophos Control Center.
- Select 'Configure Updating' in the left hand pane.
- Select the 'User ID' tab.
- Note the credentials displayed here.
- In the Alternative Source tab, ensure that (i) 'From Sophos' is selected, AND (ii) there are no details entered into the 'Address', 'Username' or 'Password' fields
- Now close the 'Configure Updating' tab.
- On the computer where Sophos PureMessage SBE is installed, right-click the Sophos shield in the system tray.
- Select 'Configure'.
- Select the Secondary Parent tab.
- Compare the credentials displayed here, with those you noted in step 4 above. They should be identical.