In the event of server failure, you will need to
- reinstate your server with its previous configuration and
- reinstall your copy of Sophos Anti-Virus Small Business Edition (SBE) or PureMessage Small Business Edition (SBE).
Note: This article describes a method of system recovery. It must not be used for changing servers.
What to do
- Before reinstalling Sophos Small Business Suite
- Reinstall the base operating system with the previous configuration.
- Allocate to the recovered system the same fully qualified IP host name as the original system (e.g. myserver.uk.company).
- Restore the following registry key from the most recent backup:
- To reinstall Sophos Small Business Suite, reinstall Sophos Anti-Virus SBE and/or PureMessage SBE from the supplied media.
Once the server has been reinstalled and set up, it should be capable of receiving messages from the previously managed workstations as before.