The operating system freezes if Symantec Antivirus 8.x is used.
It is possible that the combination of SafeGuard LAN Crypt v3.x and NAV v8.x leeds to Kernel Stack problems. This behaviour may be solved by changes in the configuration.
SafeGuard LAN Crypt v 3.13 and above.
IMPORTANT SafeGuard LAN Crypt Client version 3.13 and SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration 3.30 retire on September 30th 2010. We recommend you update your version as soon as possible. For further information please contact your Sophos sales representative.
Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP
What to do
Modify the registry by adding the KStackMinFree value in Symantec AntiVirus 8.x as follows:
- Run Regedit.exe to open the Windows registry.
- Browse to the registry key for your software version:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus NT\Auto-Protect\InternalSettings
- Under Settings create a new DWORD value named
- Right-click the KStackMinFree value, and then click Modify.
- Set the Base to Hexadecimal, and type
2200 in the Value field.