After upgrading the SafeGuard Enterprise Server / Management Center to version 188.8.131.52, the SafeGuard Enterprise Clients no longer receive policies.
The general communication between SafeGuard Enterprise clients and server(s) is working, but policies are no longer received by the client. Existing clients do not get policy changes and new clients do not get any policies, e.g. no encryption policies.
First seen in
SafeGuard Management Center 184.108.40.206
SafeGuard Enterprise Server 220.127.116.11
On rare occasions, an upgrade to 18.104.22.168 can corrupt a policy, preventing policy distribution.
What To Do
- Open the policy in edit mode (just viewing the policy is not sufficient).
- Save the policy again.
Note: This procedure only needs to be applied to each policy and policy group containing the following settings. Policies containing all other settings are not affected.
- PIN "Successful logon required for changing PIN"
- PIN/Password "Hide entries"
- PIN "User may change PW on locked desktop"
- General Settings "Allow automatic logon to Windows".
The problem is resolved with SafeGuard Enterprise 5.50.0.