How to disable the GINAchainrepair of the SafeGuard Enterprise client
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Device Encryption
Microsoft Windows XP
What To Do
- Download this attached file, deactivate_ginachainrepair.zip by right-clicking on the link, then select 'Save as'. Save it to a convenient location on the computer on which the Management Center is installed and extract the file.
- Go to SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center | Tools | Options | Company Certificate, and click 'Sign File for Policy Cache'.
- Browse to the file 'deactivate_ginachainrepair.xml' that you saved in step 1 above. Click "OK" and the MC will create a new file which is called "deactivate_ginachainrepair_Signed.xml".
- This new file can now be copied into the Import folder in the LocalCache of the SafeGuard Enterprise client:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Utimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\import
- From %WINDIR%\system32\, locate the tool "SGMcmdintn.exe", and run it with -i from the commandline:
SGMcmdintn.exe -i deactivate_ginachainrepair_Signed
The XML-file should now disappear from the import folder.