SafeGuard Easy multi-platform 4.5x
Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Windows XP SP2 Professional Edition
While planning to implement SafeGuard Easy in a FIPS-compliant way/environment, do any premises exist, regarding the configuration of SafeGuard Easy itself?
To enable SafeGuard Easy to be implemented in a certified configuration, while also ensuring the maximum security provided with the product, the system should be configured as follows:
- Installation with PBA
- Minimum password length: 6 characters
- Use encryption algorithms AES-128, AES-256 or 3DES.
- Activate complete encryption of the hard disk
- Switch on floppy/removable media encryption
- Users cannot switch floppy/removable media encryption on or off
- Activate SafeGuard Easy’s screen lock
- When defining keys manually, enter as large a number of randomly selected characters (max. 32 characters) as possible. No trivial keys should be assigned as they can be guessed easily by an attacker.
keywords: FIPS, sge