This article explains the new DHCP options in UTM v9.
In UTM v9, you can send multiple options via DHCP to client machines which get their IP from the DHCP server running on the UTM. In older versions, it was only possible to provide an IP address, gateway IP, DNS server IPs, and the domain name. You can now provide any or all options from the IANA DHCP option list.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos UTM v9
What To Do
Follow these steps to use this new feature:
- Go to Network Services | DHCP | Options.
- Open 'New DHCP option...'
- In 'Code:', select the required option.
- Depending on your choice, you will see new menu entries into which you must add information about the option. For example, if you select option 42 (NTP Server) you need to select the NTP server object in the address field.
- Choose the 'Scope' to specify which client machine should receive that option. The Scope order is: Host - MAC - Vendor ID - Server - Global.