"Sophos UTM is a stable, reliable system that eliminates at the gateway all the problems usually encountered by system administrators. And, with Sophos RED, all my remote sites are now accessible from a unified management interface. We are thoroughly satisfied.”
Wolf-Malko Zimmermann, IT Manager, Municipality of Hassloch.
||125 PCs located across ten sites, plus mobile and home workers.|
- Data throughput on the connection between the remote sites and central office was too low to enable web traffic to run via the central office.
- Directly connecting all sites to the Internet would make it impossible to guarantee compliance with the municipality’s security policy.
- Hassloch had been successfully using Sophos UTM to secure their network since 2003. In 2009 they added Sophos RED module to enable secure connection with branch offices.
- Sophos RED acts as a virtual Ethernet cable to the central gateway, connecting all remote sites securely and enabling central management of all locations.
- Hassloch was particularly impressed by the ease of use and the low price without recurring costs.
- The Internet connection to the remote sites is faster and more stable.
- Security policies are configured centrally and implemented reliably.
- There has been a noticeable reduction in the amount of administrative effort required each week.