“We liked Sophos UTM for its ease of use, affordability and an initial comfort right out of the box.”
Justin Gibson, Director of IT
||Education (Ecclesiastical Institute)|
||New Orleans, USA|
||30,000 IP adresses|
||Sophos UTM |
- The Archdiocese had been experiencing issues with their Symantec Enterprise Firewall.
- Their small IT team had limited capacity for maintenance work.
- Due to the diverse nature of their organization they had specific needs, such as being able to have different levels of content filtering for schools and offices.
- The Archdiocese tested lots of products including Sonicwall, Fortinet and Cisco appliances.
- They chose Sophos UTM for its ease of use, affordability and an initial comfort right out of the box
- The key feature that attracted them to the UTM product was the firewall. They felt it was far superior to the SGS 5400 that they also tested.
- Upon implementing Sophos UTM their bandwidth doubled overnight.
- The easy graphical user interface (GUI) has raised productivity by saving administration time.
- The content filtering was a time-saver as well. Before, a lot of man-hours were tied up managing the white and black lists, but with Sophos UTM, it was built right in.