When Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+, with application control, detects a listed application, it allows you either to authorize or to block that application. You cannot use Sophos Anti-Virus to remove the application.
What to do
To remove unwanted applications:
- Temporarily disable on-access scanning for applications.
- Perform the standard procedure for removing that particular application.
- Enable on-access scanning for applications.
For more information about specific controlled applications:
- Go to the Sophos Threat analyses page.
- Select 'Controlled Application' from the drop-down list.
- Select the application from the alphabetic list.
- Click the 'Recovery' tab.