Synchronization with the Active Directory fails. "Logon failure: unkown user name or bad password" error is displayed.
This article describes how to verify or change the Active Directory logon credentials that are used for the Active Directory LDAP connection.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center, all versions
All supported versions.
What To Do
- Verify that the Active Directory account that was initially configured for the synchronization process:
- still exists
- is not disabled or expired
- that the password for this account is still valid.
- If you need to change the Active Directory account that is used to perform synchronization task, do as follows:
- Open the SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center and navigate to Tools | Options | Directory login.
- Choose the desired directory connection setting and click on "Modify".
- In the User Credentials panel, specify the new User name and Password, press 'OK'.
HINT: By pressing 'OK', the user credentials will be verified against the directory.