Descargar Rockhurst University
By replacing Microsoft® Forefront® with Sophos Endpoint Protection—Advanced, Rockhurst University's IT team has improved malware detection, reliability, manageability and performance—safeguarding all their faculty and staff far more effectively, while freeing itself to support them in new and better ways. Descargar
“Management is easier. Detection rates are higher, resource costs are lower, and I haven't had the reliability issues I had [with Forefront].”
Alex Thorne, Network Administrator
||Kansas City, Missouri, USA|
||Sophos Endpoint Protection - Advanced for Higher Education|
- Rockhurst University was experiencing three challenges with Forefront. First, the HTML-based management tool could be sluggish, somewhat non-responsive, and non-intuitive.
- Secondly, they had questions about reliability of protection after discovering that some Forefront agents on campus had not received updates since they'd been installed. The structure of the Forefront management system meant manual verification had to be done for every machine which was very time-consuming.
- Third, a lot of malware was getting through, even on machines Rockhurst knew were up-to-date. Resolving these issues took the IT team away from other work to support their students.
- To replace Forefront, Rockhurst tested solutions from Kaspersky, GFI (Vipre), and Sophos.
- Their tests of Kaspersky started out fine but then Rockhurst experienced issues with their network admin machines. Kaspersky’s Level 3 support engineer provided a patch but even that wasn’t able to solve the issue with three machines.
- In contrast, Sophos Endpoint Protection--Advanced performed reliably and well through Rockhurst's testing.
- Rockhurst collected malware that had got through on Forefront and did their best to infect some virtual machines running Sophos, but the malware was blocked every time.
- By switching to Sophos Rockhurst has gained better protection while also significantly reducing the admin burden on the IT team. This, in turn, has freed up resource to work on other projects to support their students.