When attempting up upgrade Sophos Enterprise Console the following error is seen:
SQL Server Setup has encountered the following problem:
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Database 'msdb' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details..
To continue, correct the problem, and then run SQL Server Setup again.
Checking the SQL 'Errorlog' (usually located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SOPHOS\MSSQL\Logs) shows:
2010-04-15 18:23:34.24 spid8s Error: 5118, Severity: 16, State: 1.
2010-04-15 18:23:34.24 spid8s The file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SOPHOS\Data\MSDBData.mdf" is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or filegroup. The file must be decompressed.
First seen in
Enterprise Console 4.0.0
This can be caused if the MSDBData.mdf database file has been compressed.
What To Do
- Cancel/exit the installer if still open.
- Browse to the path referenced by the SQL Errorlog which should be something like:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SOPHOS\Data\
- Right click on the 'MSDBData.mdf' and choose 'Properties'
- Under the Advanced Attributes section de-select the option to '
Compress contents to save disk space' and press 'OK'.
- Attempt the upgrade again.