- When you use Enterprise Console to install Sophos Anti-Virus on a computer, the following error message may be displayed in the 'Install errors' column of the Enterprise Console 'Alert details' tab :
Failure whilst checking update packages against manifest [0x00000017]"
- If you go to the computer reporting the error and try to run the setup program in the CID from there (eg \\server\InterChk\ESXP\setup.exe), the following message may be displayed after entering the credentials for AutoUpdate:
Invalid manifest file: [VE_BADCERT]: 7"
If you do not click 'OK', this message box will close automatically after 60 seconds.
When Enterprise Console installs Sophos Anti-Virus on a computer, it checks the certificate in the manifest file to ensure that it is valid before proceeding with the installation. If the certificate is considered invalid, you will receive the above message. This usually happens because the system clock is wrong.
What to do
- You may be attempting to deploy an older version of Sophos Endpoint Security and Control to your endpoint computer. Check your Central Installation Directory to ensure that you have the latest version of the product.
If the CID is not causing the problem:
- Change the system clock to the correct time and date.
- Re-run the installation program.
Installation should now run correctly.