How to move the SafeGuard Enterprise Database to a different computer.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Management Center
SafeGuard Enterprise Server
All supported Operating Systems
What To Do
The following steps describe how to move the SafeGuard Enterprise SQL database to a different computer. This procedure is for use where the existing SafeGuard Enterprise SQL database is installed on the SafeGuard Enterprise Server.
On the old SGN/SQL Server:
- Stop the IIS service to avoid any update to the SQL database.
- Create a backup file of the SafeGuard database using SQL Management Studio.
- Uninstall the SGN Server configuration and the Server package.
On the new "DB Machine":
- Install SQL Server + SQL Management Studio
- Restore the backup file of the SafeGuard database using SQL Management Studio.
- Enable TCP/IP protocol for SQL Server via SQL Server Configuration Manager.
On the old SGN/SQL Server (which now just hosts the SGN Server):
- Install the SGN Server again
On a SafeGuard Management Center computer:
- On a computer with a Management Center, navigate to the following folder:
- For Windows XP / Server 2003:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Utimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\Configuration\
- For Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Server 2008:
- The folder contains 3 xml files. 2 with a GUID and 1 called SGNDatabases.xml. Do one of the following:
- Edit both GUID.xml files and change the value "InitiallyConfigured" from "1" to "0".
- Delete the 3 xml files. ( Ensure you create a backup before deleting)
- Start the Management Center. The SafeGuard Management Center Wizard will now run automatically.This will allow you to perform the following 4 steps:
- Configure your new SQL database instance.
- Remove the previously registered SGN Server in the Configuration Package Tool (Management Center).
- Register the new SGN Server (with the newly created Machine Certificate).
- Create a new Server configuration package in the SafeGuard Management Center and install it on the SafeGuard Enterprise Server.