When using a command line emergency version of Sophos Anti-Virus, you must add virus identity (IDE) files to detect the latest viruses, Trojans and worms.
The emergency command line versions are:
- Sophos Anti-Virus for DOS - SWEEP.EXE (used on Windows 95/98)
- SAV32CLI.EXE (used on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7)
- Sophos Anti-Virus for UNIX - sweep (used on Mac OS X, Linux, and other systems).
What to do
- Download a fresh emergency version of Sophos Anti-Virus, as directed on the disinfection page, or by Sophos technical support. This will be the current web version.
- Open the virus identity files page, and scroll down to the 'Identity files (IDEs) by version' table.
- The virus identity files that you will need are those for the current web version.
- Download the self-extractor or Zip file, and use it as directed in your disinfection instructions:
- use the self-extractor file with Windows 95/98/Me and Windows NT/2000
- use the Zip file with Windows XP/2003, Mac OS X and UNIX/Linux.