This article explains the topology of the UTM Endpoint Broker communication.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos UTM v9
Things you must know
- All endpoints communicate with the UTM via a broker named LiveConnect.
- A new communication system named Management Communication System (MCS) is used by endpoints to communicate with the broker.
- Endpoints obtain engine updates directly from Sophos warehouses, not LiveConnect or the UTM (similar to standalone installations).
- Policies are configured on the UTM and then passed to LiveConnect.
- Endpoint alert/logging info is passed to the UTM by LiveConnect.
- All communication is performed via HTTPS on port 443.