Managing IT security for state and local government agencies can be challenging. Government agencies must maintain transparency of information, keep track of sensitive data and make sure authorized information is publicly available in a timely manner. They also must ensure that their critical infrastructure is protected from malware authors and cyber attacks.
Pressed to provide services and information more quickly and cost effectively than ever, they are often saddled with legacy information systems that fail to leverage current technology or provide an enterprise-wide view of government.
Sophos works with state and local government to ensure:
- Citizens’ personally identifiable information (PII) is protected and data security compliance mandates are met.
- Employees have a secure but productive IT work environment that’s protected from threats to IT systems and sensitive data.
- IT security is consolidated to realize cost savings.
- Critical public infrastructure and services are protected from malware authors and cyber attacks.
Sophos state and local government solutions provide comprehensive threat and data protection:
- Sophos Endpoint Security and Data Protection provides integrated anti-malware, data loss prevention (DLP) and simplified data encryption
- Sophos Email Security and Data Protection provides integrated email encryption, DLP, anti-malware and anti-spam, and Content Control Lists (CCLs) for PCI compliance.
- Sophos SafeGuard LAN Crypt encrypts and secures network file shares.
- Sophos Web Security and Control offers real-time protection against web-based malware and accidental disclosure of PII to websites, blogs or forums.
- Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise provides centralized data encryption and protection of PCs and removable media.
- Sophos NAC Advanced grants network access to authorized users and enables companies to create comprehensive security policies.